Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mistaking Kindness For Weakness

Since I was twenty I've known that I can never change the world. I have always believed since then that I could change my world. The point is, there are a lot of flat out shitty people out there. I know everyone is flawed but I never lost hope in the over all good of people. You can't tell by looking at people which is bad and which is good. Sometimes you think you know someone and that they are good. Now it is starting to no longer surprise me when it turns out that I was wrong. I guess that's a part of getting older. But what do you do? Cut off all ties to the outside world? Live in a bubble? Be very guarded? Take on a persona that is quite different than the person that you really are? No. You say "Fuck you" and go about your day. That must be why I'm such a success at being emotionally unavailable. I know who I am. I don't need to hear anyone's theories on what my demons are. Most of the time they are sooooo off base that I have to laugh. Very few people stop talking long enough to listen anyway. What do people expect? You'll say "Wow, no one understands me but you" No one understands anyone and no one cares to. They may sincerely think they do but they don't. I'd say that the majority of people that talk to me do so only because they want something or I amuse them. Let's hope I don't feel so dark tomorrow. This is a little example of my holiday cheer.

No comments: