Monday, April 16, 2007

Friends, Old And New




Top picture: Jim and Eddie Elliott. Middle picture: Jim and Mark Tipton. Bottom picture: Bob Makela and Jim.
It was a big weekend. My friends Bob Makela and his special friend Tamale came out from California for Eddie's cd release party. They stayed at my place while they were here. I wish I'd have had more time to spend with them but I had to work all weekend. We still managed to have a good time with the little time we had. We went to dinner on Friday night before we caught Eddie's show at the Dirty Drummer. I really liked Tamale, she says what she thinks and I like that. She clued me in on women that were flirting with me, I'm clueless about that sort of thing.

Eddie's show at Cave Creek Coffee Company was great. He packed the Camp. The area where they do the live music is called the Camp. Eddie had his brother Dom playing bass as well as open the show. Jeremiah was there playing guitar and mandolin. Dave (Kates) was on the drums and Mark Tipton was lending his talents on the horn. Mark was also on the new album. I was expecting an older guy but I think he told me he is twenty six. A few of the people in the crowd remarked that he looked like the prop comedian Carrot Top. I admit that I had thought of that but I expect that he might have heard that a time or two, so why be ordinary? Once he starts playing you forget all about Carrot Top anyway. The great songs that Eddie played are too numerous to site here but there is a new one that didn't make the album that I like a lot. I think it is called Dreaming Gets Me High. Maybe we should do a pre-production recording of that.

Tamale got a bottle of red wine for us to enjoy during the show and it was most enjoyable. After the show Bob, Tamale, Eric and I went to my place. Eric and I ended up having a dart tournement until four in the morning. Good times. There was so much going on last weekend that there was never a dull moment. Last night I went to bed at 9:00 and slept until I had to get up for work.

No comments: