Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fat Tuesday


Bust out the beads and bring on the craw fish it's Fat Tusday! I will have to see if I can find my favorite beer from cajun country, Dixie Blackened Voo Doo. If I'm not mistaken the Dixie factory was a Hurricane Katrina victim. I thought I heard something on the news about them being back in business. I hope so, good beer. To the best of my understanding Fat Tuesday is always 46 days before Easter. Being that the date of Easter varries from year to year so does Fat Tuesay. Mardi is french for Tuesday and gras is french for fat, beyond that I know very little about why we celebrate it. To learn more about this holiday is my mission for the evening, that and eating good food and drinking a few brews. I look forward to writing about this one. Look for Fat Tuesday Part 2 coming soon.

No comments: