Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

I've never been crazy about these "Hallmark" holidays but it doesn't seem so bad this time. I'm feeling good about it for a change. I'm done with negativity. All this time I thought the problem was some kind of mystery. It turns out it was negativity. My being negative attracted negativity. I don't know that we can ever fully avoid the emotional vampires and the verbal impalers of the world but we certainly have the choice to not spend our off hours with them or act like them.

Why the sudden change in attitude? I've been eating healthy food. I am no longer impressed with my former beer and chicken wing diet. I'm also taking heart burn medication, that truly changed my world. I may even work out a little. I have my goal for 007, healthy body, mind and soul. It's not too late to find direction this year. I'm excited. I'm so glad that there will be no more smoking in public places on May 1st. I hate smelling of smoke when I'm not smoking. I haven't quit completely, but it will be a lot easier come May 1st. So far this week I've smoked Monday night when I was enjoying a few light beers. Going out is where I crumble. Everyone around me is doing it and I'm not over it yet. May 1st.