Thursday, January 18, 2007

Legalize It?

Mary Jane, pot, smoke, green, dope, bud, just some of the words used to refer to marijuana. I know more people that are completely screwed up on pain medication than marijuana. These are people that would never dream of smoking the illegal "herb" known as pot. They are physically addicted to pain medication. When they run out, they'll steel it from old people or buy it from people that stole it from old people and they'll pay a lot for it. So much for pot being a "gateway" drug. I've heard it said that pain killers will destroy your liver when used long term.

I think all addiction is unhealthy but I don't see them making chocolate illegal. What is the worst thing anyone has ever done while under the influence of marijuana? It's much like drinking, you shouldn't drive a car or opperate heavy machinery. When was the last time someone woke up in the morning after smoking pot with a splitting headache and wondering what happened during the black out?

The point I'm trying to make is that I think the law enforcement agencies should concentrate on the things that really are harmful to our communities. Methamphetamines are bad for individuals but I'm not out to save them from themselves. What I care about is the crime that is involved with the habit. People on methamphetamines can't hold a job, meth costs money, therefore it inspires burglary, prostitution and various theft. What does marijuana inspire? The munchies man.

2 comments:

BillyLevere13 said...

Indeed, indeed, my friend. Smoke a bowl for me!

LushLoki said...

man thats the truth, I see it all the time. ive smoked for awhile now but that dont mean if i dont have it i cant function and have to beg for a pill before i can leave the house.