Monday, November 20, 2006

Good Music Night


Friday night I went to The Dirty Drummer to see my friend Eddie Elliott play. As a bonus Jeremiah was there from Los Angeles. What a great time. Eddie played the first few sets then Jeremiah played with Eddie and Jeremiah finished the last few sets. It was a great way to spend a Friday. Eddie is getting a lot of possitive feedback from the Dirty Drummer patrons. It was a major treat to hear Jeremiah play songs with Eddie. They played a song called Willie Wonka Revisited together and it was GREAT! Eddie has too many fantastic songs to list here. I realized this yesterday when I was trying to make an Eddie Elliott mix disc and I couldn't fit all the songs that I wanted on to one disc. To find out more about Ed visit www.eddieelliott.com and maybe you can catch a show. Eddie and I used to be next door neighbors. Before I ever met him I heard his music. Eddie had given my brother his cd. I went to the pizza place that my brother worked and the song 12 Again was on in the dining room. I told my brother that it was about time that the radio started playing good songs and I asked him if he knew who the artist was. My brother said that it was our new neighbor and I didn't believe him. Three months later when Eddie got back from his tour I was already a fan. That was back in 2002.

No comments: