Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Holidays?


What is wrong with this homeowner's association in Denver? Someone displayed a Christmas wreath made into a peace sign and the association deems it offensive. The president of the association says it may offend people with children in Iraq or may be a symbol of Satan. Bovine feces! If I had a child or a loved one serving in Iraq I would pray everyday for peace so that person could come home. I do anyway. The peace sign, a symbol of Satan? Oh, sure, you know how much Satan likes peace. I suppose the Christmas song that speaks of peace on earth and good will towards man was written by Satan. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus is known as the Prince of Peace. Is Jesus Satan? Give me a break. I think most Christmas decorations look a bit tacky but this is still a free country isn't it? It's not like she's trying to park her car on the lawn. To Lisa Jensen, the person that hung the wreath, I admire you for not being bullied. I hope it stays up through the holidays. The idea of peace is never anything to be ashamed of, after all, that's what our service people are fighting for. To Bob Kearns, president of the homeowner's association, shame on you! I don't normally put up a Christmas wreath but I think I will make one of these peace wreaths for my door.

No comments: