Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Albums Are On The Way Out

I read today that the sale of singles via downloading digitally has out sold full length albums. Well, duhhhh. It's not because people don't have the attention spans for long playing albums, it's that for the most part, the music industry is putting out crap. Do I want to pay one dollar for a song I like or $17.99 for a cd that has one song I like. Before the internet you couldn't buy a single for a lot less of an investment than the long play album. Oh, yes you could, it was called a 45. I hope one day that music goes totally independant. Screw you record companies. All this telling me what I want to hear is finally going to bite you in the rear. It is about time. What will they do when America gets over the rapper thug scene? Think of all the companies that make spinning rims, what will they do? Make something useful? I doubt it.

No comments: