Friday, March 23, 2007

Poker? You Brought Her.

What is up with people playing poker being television worthy? Isn't this something that is frowned upon? Isn't it illegal most places? Just another chapter in my continuing rants regarding reality television. What's next? Let's have "Beer Fest" style drinking contests and televise them. Just in case some network decides to do it, remember I thought of it first. It's not that absurd of an idea, after all, quarters is like a sport.

There are channels for all kinds of things, the comedy channel, the movie channel, the news channel and the weather channel just to name a few. I think there should be an alcoholic channel. I forgot, that would be ESPN. Seriously, there would be the great quarters championships, billiards and darts contests as well as the beer drinking contests. There would be lots of beer commercials, hell, the whole network would be a beer commercial. Where better to advertise the discount D.U.I. lawyers. That reminds me, if you had the alcohol channel you could cut down on trips to the local bar. A community service I tell you. There could be informative programing as well. There could be a show about which household products that contain alcohol are safe to drink in an emergency like when the bars and liquor stores are closed.

I'll have to cut it right here, I have to go meet with some investors over a few drinks. Have a great weekend.

No comments: