Monday, March 19, 2007

Saint Patrick's Day (Part 2)




"The most important thing to remember about drunks is that drunks are far more intelligent than non-drunks. They spend a lot of time talking in pubs, unlike workaholics who concentrate on their careers and ambitions, who never develop their higher spiritual values, who never explore the insides of their head like a drunk does." - Shane MacGowan of The Pogues

I have to say that Saturday was fun. My friend Eric was the voice of reason and talked me out of going to any bars. We bought a couple of eight packs of Guinness, a bottle of Baileys and a bottle of Bushmills. I had a bunch of friends, family and neighbors over to my place and utilized the at-home-bar. I got up early and put the corned beef in the slow cooker. We had green cabbage and baked red potatoes. Friend Kim pointed out yesterday that the meal I prepared is not a traditional Irish meal. I don't really care because it was fantastic and there wasn't a crumb left. I got a really great picture of my nephew Connor drinking his Sprite from a shot glass.

No comments: